At Perlego, we’re working to make education material accessible to all. In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags and tuition fees.
We want to change that and make learning accessible to all, and help the environment along the way. Billed by the media as the “Spotify for Textbooks”, Perlego is a learning eBook subscription that gives students and professionals unlimited access to over 400,000 titles.
With a recent Global expansion and an increased demand for online education post the recent crisis, we’re growing fast!
We are a happy team of 54 people, with 21 nationalities, and 1 office dog. We’re very proud of our 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor and 97% of the team saying they’d recommend to a friend. We’re a tight-knit bunch who believe culture is the most important part of any business.
We offer a fantastic workplace at the heart of Central London. We offer a competitive salary, a personal development budget, flexible work hours and the opportunity to design the way millions of students will read and learn. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
- 30 days (incl. Bank holidays)
- Plus a bonus week over Christmas
Flexible Working 🏡
- Fully flexible! We have an amazing office in Chancery Lane but trust our staff completely to choose where they wish to work.
- Training allowance of £500 per person year
- Access to 400,000+ books
- Breakfast together on Monday
- Lunch every other Friday
- Regular social activities, previous highlights have included white water rafting, spin class & even a weekend away in a Chateau in France
Health & Wellbeing 🏃🏽♀️
- Subsidy towards your gym / sport membership
WHAT WE NEED
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join Perlego’s design team. You will be an integral part of every stage of the process: from research to delivery, you will be defining the UI and UX design throughout, while also being involved in the product strategy and help get it to market.
- Take on responsibility for the design process, design system and prototyping to create delightfully simple experiences for our users.
- Implement a world class user experience with a consistent visual language across all our touchpoints - both on and off of our platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users’ goals, workflows and pain points, through conducting user research and running workshops.
- Work collaboratively with our engineering team to deliver your solutions as you intended.
- Work alongside a marketing designer to ensure your features are communicated to the right people at the right time.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- An insatiable passion for digital design and the latest trends.
- Strong visual skills, creative thinking and design background. Detail-oriented, always striving for quality and consistency.
- Strong portfolio including product design, branding and visual communication projects.
- 3+ years of work experience designing digital products for web and mobile platforms.
- You're proficient with UI design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, Framer X or XD.
- You're proficient with prototyping tools, such as InVision or Marvel.
- You can own a design process from start to finish from workshops, user testing and UX research to creating first class final designs and dev handover.
- You’re passionate about analysing data to make informed design decisions and to test your theories.
- You create close relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- You can communicate your hypotheses and findings back to the business with actionable takeaways.
- You have energy, passion and a sleeves-rolled-up mentality: think quick, act fast and measure later. We don’t overplan or get lost in “strategising” - you’re a self-starter.
- You share our mission and you believe in the change Perlego is trying to make in the world.
- Salary range available: £35,000- £40,000
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Advanced experience in product design
- Advanced experience with user research and testing
- Experience working as a sole designer in a tech business
- Experience in illustration and digital arts
- Experience in a startup environment and/or MA (or equivalent) in Business / Entrepreneurship
- Have a general interest in books, reading and always learning new things!