At Perlego, we’re working hard to make education accessible to all. In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 4 years our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe to access quality academic books. The next stage of Perlego is two fold:
1) expand our support to students globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
What we're looking for
A DevOps engineer with a wide breadth of experience in AWS services and Infrastructure as Code. You'll be joining our engineering teams, working closely with our product squads to co-design, manage and operate our application infrastrucutre.
How we work together
We organise ourselves into cross-functional squads, with each squad working together on a common goal. Each team consists of 6-8 team members - a Technical Lead, 3-4 Engineers, a DevOps Engineer, QA Engineer & Product Designer/Owner. You'll also be working closely with our Platform & Infrastructure lead on implementing bigger picture initiatives.
It’s the perfect role for you if you have:
- Experience with creating, managing and monitoring AWS cloud infrastructure and production environments
- Experience with managing/administering Git based repositories (e.g. GitHub, CodeCommit, BitBucket)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery techniques and implementing DevOps best practises using CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, Jenkins, Travis CIExperience with Application and Infrastructure Monitoring tools (e.g. CloudWatch, Prometheus, AppOptics, Nagios, Grafana)
- Experience with managing Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Aurora)
- Experience with serverless architectures using AWS LambdaExperience with Linux based operating systems, bash scripting, bonus if you have worked with Ubuntu, Alpine and Amazon Linux 2
- Understanding of containerised applications (Docker) using Amazon ECS (Fargate/EC2)
- Understanding of NoSQL databases (e.g. Amazon DynamoDB, Azure Cosmos, GCP Firestore)Understanding of Infrastructure as Code principles, bonus if you have experience working with AWS CloudFormation or TerraForm
⭐️ It's a plus if you have:
- A degree in Computing related subject.
What you’ll do:
You will Join the Dev Ops engineering team at Perlego and help implement the vision for infrastructure at Perlego. You will co-administer the Perlego AWS Cloud and run support for internal stakeholders. This will involve setting up and configuring deployment pipelines for containerised and serverless applications. You'll also be configuring development and test environments and co-designing infrastructure with our ops lead and squad tech leads.
You'll monitor platform activity/telemetry and design appropriate auto-scaling policies. You'll also be involved in co-managing cloud security, adjusting the firewall, running security update, platform releases and collaborate with third-party service providers. You'll also support our teams in engaging in backup management and disaster recovery preparation
Why should you work at Perlego?
Apart from our mission, we foster a unique company culture championing collaboration, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
We’re proud of our 4.8 Glassdoor reviews and the fact that 97% of our team would recommend Perlego as a place to work.
🌈 Benefits include:
Like many, we’ve adapted our flexible work policy off the back of this year. We offer the option for you to choose to work from home or the office. However, we will likely require you to be available to come into the office at least part-time following Covid-19.
There is an annual training budget for everyone's personal development
🌴 Base holiday
30 days base holiday (22 days + 8 bank holidays)
🎅🏼 Christmas break
In addition to your base holiday - the office will be shut for certain days over the Christmas holidays to allow everyone to have a break
Competitive salary and discretionary share options
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
Perlego will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
🌻 Wellbeing subsidy
Subsidy towards your choice of: gym or Vitality health insurance
🎉 Subsidised social activities
Encourage everyone in the team to hang out so we have regular team socials and activities